PDA

View Full Version : Red rumped Cacique

Richard Unsworth
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
:S3: Hello everyone Here captured at Loco Natural, my favorite mini farm in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica Evening time just before dark, a noisy flock suddenly hit the palms and I was able to get a few shots. These are like small Oropendula but have the flaming red rump of the Red rumped Tanager; not visible here Just NR and SS really bit of messing with levels, ot a largew crop just for comp. 1/320 ISO 800 f 5.6 Ev +.66 7D 100-400 Not sure if one has been posted before, can find yellow rumped on search but not this chap:S3:

Ryan Schain
04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I like the bird and the behavior, but the head is completely out of focus and it doesn't appear to be fixable.

Richard Unsworth
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Indeed it is spot focus was sadly on breast; I knew but nyways its good to post a new one for everyone; not to worry
and thx for critique; I think I have a much better one but I could go for a year sorting em lol
PS also picked up a nice back injury :Whoa!:

gail bisson
04-03-2012, 04:28 PM
A cool looking bird. Too bad the head isn't sharp but I am sure you have some sharp ones in your files. How did you hurt your back?
Gail

Dave Leroy
04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
A really neat composition with the two diagonals. It looks like a piece of string that it is holding on to. I might partially obscure the bits and pieces just behind bird's head. too bad about the back.

Don Lacy
04-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Like the comp and behavior captured here.

Richard Unsworth
04-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks all, sure I have this species sharp but not from that behaviour scene.

Ha - my wife decided it would be a good idea for me to completely rebuild the kitchen on my own lol, so picked up a bad strain lifting wall units into place,
worst for 30 years -owww