PDA

View Full Version : My favorite female duck is the american wigeon

Jack Breakfast
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Hello, hello! This wigeon was snapped with the Canon 7D and 70-300L at 277mm. iso400, 1/400, f5.6. I'll inform the low-angle crazies that in this particular situation I was low as was humanly possible. Within the limits of good sense and reason, anyhow. I'll add too that I will never post a shot on this forum if I think the angle is bad! I like angles of all sorts! Low, medium, high, all on a case-by-case basis! Anyhow, I will sincerely and eagerly welcome your comments and feedback. Thanking you in advance for that...

Robert Holguin
04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Very nice shot. I really like the water ripples and the bill in the water.
Well done.

Jack Breakfast
04-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Many thanks, Robert.

Jack Breakfast
04-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I'd like to add that I hope readers of this post will not misinterpret my tone. RE angles, that is. In re-reading my post I see how perhaps it could come across as defensive. Not my intention at all. Tone is tricky when one goes for the jokes. Mea maxima culpa.

Daniel Cadieux
04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
A wigeon at 277mm!! Nice details here, and I like the "almost feeding" pose. Most angles have their place and obviously an ultra low angle is not always physically achievable even if desired. This particular angle would have been perfect for a mirror-like water surface with reflection. CW rotation, and a bit tighter crop would have been good.

Jack Breakfast
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks Daniel, I'll leave the crop as it is b/c I'm most fond of the water, but I do agree with you RE the rotation. Many thanks for your keen observations...