PDA

View Full Version : sunrise over Altham

christopher galeski
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
took this the other day on my local early morning walk,was looking to take some shots of birds,could not resist this sun rise,comments good or bad welcome.cannon 7D,cannon400mm prime lens,tripod.f18.1/100s,iso500,cropped a bit off the bottom,touch of sharpening.thanks.

Jay Gould
04-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Chris, lovely sky; too much negative space in the foreground. I would make a pano.

Judy Howle
04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
The sun is gorgeous! I have never seen a sun look like that, I must live in the wrong place! I agree with Jay that a pano crop is the way to go.

christopher galeski
04-02-2012, 04:05 AM
thanks for your comments,I have not took a lot of scenic shots ,I knormally take wildlife,but am willing to learn,Judy,last week we had a week of summer weather,and got some great sunrises,this week we may get some snow,this is England.thanks again.

Robert Amoruso
04-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Christopher,

That is a great looking sun and I like where you have it also clearing the land. I agree that you need much less space at the bottom. All you interest lies with the sun and the tree silhouettes. A shorter focal length would have been good to allow more of the trees to show. As presented, I find the clipping of the main trees (especially the large one on right) cramping the image. You also had a nice vertical image of the large tree and sun by itself.

christopher galeski
04-03-2012, 03:27 AM
thankyou Robert for your comments,I was out early for birds,and when I saw the sun rising,I could not resist a shot,even with the 400mm lens on,thanks again everybody for suggestions,will take on board.