PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Spider in Tulip

Bruce Enns
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Just waiting for the right opportunity...

Canon 40D, Sigma 150 mm, with 58mm of extension tubes, f/11, 0.5 sec, -0.67 EV, tripod

Steve Maxson
04-13-2008, 05:23 PM
"What big eyes you have" said Little Red ... oops. Wrong story. Anyway, I love the large eyes and the DOF is very nice here. I also like the composition and the way the reds are reflected onto the spider.

John Cooper
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Very neat image Bruce that tells a story. Good detail in spider's head/eyes. No doubt this orientation is the way you found it but I keep twisting my head to view the spider :)
Have you tried inverting the image?

Robert O'Toole
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Really like the image also, very cool. I think john has a good idea also.

Robert

Bruce Enns
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks everyone...I did try the image rotated 180 and at the time liked it better with the spider upside down, perhaps because that is what looked natural to me, there is a lot to be said for inverting it though too. If I rotate it now, several hours after first taking it, it definitely works that way as well.

Cheers!
Bruce

John Cooper
04-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone...I did try the image rotated 180 and at the time liked it better with the spider upside down, perhaps because that is what looked natural to me, there is a lot to be said for inverting it though too. If I rotate it now, several hours after first taking it, it definitely works that way as well.

Cheers!
Bruce

Know how you feel Bruce - In a previous post I had a Praying mantis that was suspended from a perch upside down. Many viewers made the same comment that I made to you, that they found themselves twisting their heads to to view the image!! It just looked more natural to me the way it was as that is how I found it. In the end I think both orientations work!!

David Steele
04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't recall seeing a better image of a spider on this website.

Mike Moats
04-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey Bruce, very well done on this image. I think most will have a natural response to turn their head to view it, but I like it as is.

Bruce Enns
04-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks again everyone.
Cheers!
Bruce