View Full Version : Geology

dankearl
03-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Arches National Park
1/125
f5.6
iso400
10mm (10-24mm lens)

0206arches.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110967&stc=1&d=1333082918)

Rachel Hollander
04-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Dan - not sure why no one has commented. Interesting comp and pov. The rocks look good but something seems to have happened in your PP of the sky. There appears to be a bleed from the sky on the edge of the rocks in the upper left. Also the sky seems a bit cyan and blotchy for lack of a better term.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
04-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Dan,

I agree on the sky and what appears to be chromatic aberration along the rock edge.

I feel I would have like more FG in the image as the large rock there appears cramped.

Morkel Erasmus
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Very interesting composition/perspective and great tones/details in the rocks.
I also saw the cyan abberation on top...easy to fix using lens correction profiles in LR/PS...
If anything I wish the sky had more interest, though the focal point here really is the interesting foreground. Have you tried B&W? Something like this?
Bear in mind - working on the low quality JPG has brought out the artifacting in the sky - I would work with the high res file and then specifically try to filter the sky to be even darker than now
:e3

Jay Gould
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Good suggestions; I would crop just above the white foreground rocks. The chroma is easily dealt with in LR. Again, if mine there would be a major content aware removing the other white rocks. Finally you could make a tone selection of the three patches of sky, put the on a separate layer, then using the brus tool select that nice eggshell blue and make the whole sky that color.

What can I say? "Nature Interpreted"!

Andrew Aveley
04-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Agree to some extent with 'more in frame' . Morkels conversion has given a great alternative to existing image...........now this with some stars and light painting would be exceptional ;)

Morkel Erasmus
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
now this with some stars and light painting would be exceptional ;)

Oh yes indeed!!!:w3