PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Dwarf Green Tree Frog (Litoria fallax) Hunter Wetlands NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
03-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Eastern Dwarf Green Tree Frog (Litoria fallax) Hunter Wetlands NSW Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F11.0 1/250 Kenko Ext Tubes stacked(68mm) flash 28 March 2012 8.28am
The Eastern Dwarf Green Tree Frog is from 25-30mm in length found down eastern Australia from Cairns Qld south to approximately Ulladulla NSW from the coast to the Great Dividing Range. Other common names for the specie are Eastern Sedge Frog, Green Reed Frog . Useful data on this species see Wikipedia at : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Dwarf_Tree_Frog . While often found in straplike vegetation this particular specimen was sitting on top of a Bracken Fern frond in full view most likely consuming mosquitoes.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Ken Childs
03-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey Rod, I love the frog and especially the expression on its face! If this were mine, I'd rotate it slightly clockwise and the take a small slice off the left side. I think the most important change to make would be to remove the specular highlights from the frog and the fern. These few changes should make this one shine!

Allen Sparks
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Rod, I always love a good frog shot and this is a nice one. Agree with Ken about taking some off the left and cloning out some of the bright spots. Still a very well done image with good DOF. Love the close up feel to it.

Steve Maxson
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Rod. Tree frogs make very cool photo subjects and you did a good job with this one - you captured a nice pose with good sharpness. I think Ken's suggestions would take this strong image up a couple notches. :S3: