PDA

View Full Version : Central American Spider Monkey

Richard Unsworth
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi

to be precise =
Geoffroy's spider monkey or black-handed spider monkey Captured at Encanta Da Vida, Matapalo, Osa, CR

Fab to watch; extreme acrobats; difficult to get clear shots. Endangered, perhaps critically endangered now

saw them in several locations, enjoy

7D 100-400 eV +1 iso 800 F5.6 1/160

Ken Watkins
03-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Richard,

Great pose captured here, the colour looks a little strange but then they do vary a lot between the various subspecies

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi Richard, not sure about the shooting conditions, or if you have tried to darken the BKG etc, just looks initially if there is a lot of black running through the image? If you can shed some light, (no pun intended) on the image/PP that would be great.

Drop me a line if you need some help. :w3

cheers
Steve

Richard Unsworth
03-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi Steve

I will reprocess and document; I used some initial gamma correction probably too much to deepen, then used burn + blur on bright bg.

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Richard are you using PS as that is the 'basic' platform most use, if so what version? Might be able to ping you some simple thoughts.

Steve

Richard Unsworth
03-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi Steve

here is jpeg as it looks RAW -DPP (HIGHLIGHT -3) resized - jpeg @240k

I use DPP from raw then CS5/PS to process.
Noise reduction by Topaz - not rel here of course

One problem I do experience is that color in DPP is different from in PS so you might like to advise me as to the settings for those I should be on, though I have read extensively and things should be set right - never quite worked out why theres a difference lol, and seem to manage with it OK.

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Richard, now that is better straight away. Yes there is a colour shift from DPP to CS/PS, nothing you can do and very frustrating, bet it looks better in DPP.

OK, if you are using CS5 then I think we might be able to work on this, are you around this morning?

Steve

Richard Unsworth
03-28-2012, 03:33 AM
PM sent , thanks
Rich