PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Dove Scores A Seed!

Daniel Cadieux
03-27-2012, 04:55 AM
These guys love to feed on the ground, and for a while now I've wanted a low to the ground perspective of such behaviour from one of them. This guy was rather oblivious to my crawling in the grass towards it (...using my car as a partial blind) and afforded me the image I wanted of this species. Always fun to try stuff with the more common birds :-)

Canon 7D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/6.3, ISO 800 (settings histogram checked), natural light, handheld, one stray grass in lower left cloned out.

Sachin Saraf
03-27-2012, 08:43 AM
This image has a very nice feel to it Daniel...Lovely low angle soft light, sharp and your composition works very well here..but I am just curios why did you not have complete bird in frame?

Dave Leroy
03-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Lovely pose Daniel and perfect timing with the seed. Agree is has a very nice soft feel to it. Complimentary bg and good skills to get so close and still have a relaxed bird.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Beautiful springtime shot Daniel. I love the soft pastel colors and the seed in the bill a plus

gail bisson
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
This image should be in the theme category! Lovely complimentary BG and I like the splash of red in front of the dove. Unusual comp but it works for me. I could see this image with some off the left as well,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
03-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys! Sachin, I did take some of the whole bird but I am a fan of portraits such as this so I opted for this presentation.

Karl Egressy
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Saw it before, got interrupted back then. I really like this picture with all the great colurs and the soft light on the bird, Daniel. Besides, it is my wife's favorite bird species.