PDA

View Full Version : Maxfield Parrish in the Rockies

Fred J. Lord
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
This was shot off our back deck in July, 2002 with my D60, 28-105 @ 28mm, 125 @ f/6.7.

The light was incredible and I've always thought I should insert a silhouette of someone riding a giant eagle or something.

Fred

Fabs Forns
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Fred,

When you are ready to insert your Eagle silhouette, bring it to Out of the Box :)

Nice cloud formation, but I want more at bottom to ground the image. The uneven trees make a nice frame.
Maybe go back a bit on saturation.

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Fantastic looking clouds. I like the framing with the trees and I think that you included enough on the ground. I would reduce saturation some. If you can provide some better tonal separation in the clouds that would increase the drama. Sometimes just going to JPG creates issues and perhaps the original has better separation.

Good timing the catch the peak color.

Jason Hahn
01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Beautiful color, if a little over saturated as previously mentioned. To me there is an image within this image, the tree on the left with the distant range in the background. My eye keeps trying to make out the details of that range, I would consider cropping to compose an image with the range as a stronger focal point, the single tree to frame it and and the sky as a strong compliment to it. Along with the PS adjustments Robert mentioned, I think you have a lot of potential within this image.

Jason

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Fantastic shot Fred. I love the dramatic feeling of this image.
I love it as is.
Szimi