PDA

View Full Version : Nervous pose

Brian Wong
04-13-2008, 09:44 AM
EOS 40D, 500/4
1/3200, f/8, ISO 800, handheld on James' boat, manual exposure

Nervous pose

Photographed last month while on Jim Neiger's and James Shadle's BAA approved "Best of Florida" workshop.

Nervous/alert pose, just ready for a take off ... (I missed :().

Thank you for looking, and your tips for improvement are always appreciated.

Dave Phillips
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
nervous and quite alert....but the YCNH are usually quite approachable
Bet you had a great trip!

This appears very yellow to me and the crown seems artificially yellow....IMO.
This looks more like what I normally see, and I know we all see differently.....nice shot Brian

Maxis Gamez
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Second post colors are on the money. I like the pose but I find the stick in the BG a little distracting as is right in front of the face.

Raul Quinones
04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Nice picture, I have to agree with Dave regarding the colors.

Arthur Morris
04-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Brian, The repost colors look much truer as Dave (great job! and thanks) removed the yellow cast from the midtones. Love the raised crest and the EXC EXP. The yellow crown is still much more yellow than I have ever seen: mega breeding plumage. With 30 minutes of hard work with the Patch Tool and the Clone Stamp you could eliminate all of the crud if that fits with your personal ethics...

Linda Robbins
04-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Beautiful pose and I love the crown up like this. The repost colors look great, and have removed the yellow cast. Good exposure control. Well done!

Ian Colley
04-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Like the revised version, maybe a little over sharpened towards the lower back of the bird.

Brian Wong
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank you Dave, Maxis, Raul, Artie, Linda and Ian for your encouragements, and for taking the time to help me learn with your comments, and for setting excellent examples.

I took your color corrected image, Dave, and with the various advices given ... vacuumed the carpet and sent over the gardener for some pruning:D! A layer was used, so the effect (opacity) could easily be changed to taste for less/more.

Thank you for reworking the image Dave. Can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the quality I am learning here!!! I thank you all again.

Arthur Morris
04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey Brian, WOW on the background. It is now a truly a wonderful image. It does, however, look as if your repost has been over-sharpened... And YAW.