PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY NEW YEAR

RakeshDhareshwar
03-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Today is a New Year according to the Hindu calendar . Different regions in India celebrate the same with diferent names . It is called Gudi Padwa in Marathi , Yugadi in Kannada , Thapna in Rajasthan , Chaitra Navratri in North India , Baisakhi in Punjab and so on .

Wish all BPNers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year .

The image was made at Alibag , on the west coast of India . Had to lie low on the sand for this image .
Camera : Canon 1D MK III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Aperture : f4
Shutters : 1/1000
Exp comp : + 2/3rd stop
ISO : 200

Cheers,
Rakesh

dankearl
03-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Lovely image, Rakesh, and Happy New Year to you!
Very nice angle and a nice FG & BG.

gail bisson
03-23-2012, 06:17 AM
I like the environmental feel to the image. Just wish for a bit more head turn. Is this a juvenile black headed gull?
Gail

Sachin Saraf
03-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Happy new year to you too Rakesh...beautiful image, nice low angle bird is nice and sharp and I too love the FG-BG on this. Slight Head turn would have definitely took it to next level but it is fine image as presented.

Daniel Cadieux
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, a better head angle would have made this even stronger. Super nice low angle, good exposure. If already cropped I wonder about re-cropping half the space at bottom and adding that amount to above? If not, then pointing the camera just a bit higher to that equivalent would have been good.

Happy New Year to you (feels funny saying this in March!!:S3:)

Dave Leroy
03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
happy New Year to you also Rakesh.
Lovely image. I really like the cool blue tones of the ocean side. I also like the room all around the gull although my preference would be a bit off the bottom.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Happy Gudi Padwa, Rakesh. great low angle and whites in this one. If mine, I'd take some off the bottom to make it a more balanced comp. Awesome feel.

Stu Bowie
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi Rakesh, good low angle, and your exposure looks good. You have nailed the sharpness on the gull, and I do like the softer colours of the BG. Another vote for wishing he had turned his head a little towards you, and comp wise, I would leave the top, and take at least half off the bottom.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Jonathan Ashton
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Very happy New Year to you Rakesh, I have not looked at the comments I would consider cropping a little from the bottom and just a tad from the left.

Frank Schauf
03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Great picture, nice deep shooting position and great eye contact.

Mark Young
03-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Beautiful image. I love the low angle,

Ishmeet Sahni
03-24-2012, 08:49 AM
A super image Rakesh. Love the low angle and the softness to the colours.
The only issue is that it needs to be re-framed, a little off the bottom............:S3: