PDA

View Full Version : 3 trees ....3 Geese- a composite

Bob Miller
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I took this shot of the 3 trees in a marshland and felt like it just neeeded something else....like some geese.....so.......I am trying to learn how to do composites and thought i might try to post one here......hope thats Ok..... I am reasonably happy with this. Would like to hear from others

Jack Breakfast
03-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Bob, I love the sweet simplicity of the shot, without the geese. The color, light and subject all appeal to me so much. To be perfectly honest, the geese look fake and distract me from an otherwise lovely scene...just my opinion of course. But you are to be commended on a gorgeous shot that (in my opinion) needs NOTHING added to it, because it's lovely on its own...

Bob Miller
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Jack....Thanks for your honesty! It's what makes this forum so valuable. I too liked the original image for its simplicity

Norm Dulak
03-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I agree that the original image without the geese is fine.

The problem I see with the geese is that they seem disproportionately large in comparison, e.g., with the tree. I think the result might be better if you scaled the geese down appropriately using free transform.

Judy Howle
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I love the base image and you did a nice job compositing the geese although I agree they are a little large. I would prefer it without them as it's a very nice composition!

Jay Gould
03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Bob, I don't mind the addition of the geese. The problem is that they look added in part because the wing pattern is just too perfect.

Robert Amoruso
03-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Bob, I would have cropped more into a vertical on the original image as the trees are tall so that makes me think vertical to accentuate the trait. The area to the left and right really don't add much to the scene.

I think you did a good job on the composite and if you had not noted that no one would be the wiser. But I don't really think you need them. I really like the grass in this seen.