PDA

View Full Version : Pintail in flight

Sachin Saraf
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
No matter how many times I visit Avian forum in a day, each time I learn something new. As a result my technique is improved in theory but I am not able to give enough time to photography and I need to put it to practice in near future.

Posting one from archive where I gave a shot to Shutter Speed Priority to see how it works for a sitting duck and suddenly this one came flying so without changing shutter speed I quickly captured couple of shots...not sure if it looks fine to you all... C&C most welcome

EXIF
Camera Canon EOS 7D
Exposure 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture f/14.0
Focal Length 700 mm
ISO Speed 640
Exposure Bias 0 EV

Exposure Program Shutter speed priority AE

PP- Cropped, Removed Noise from BG, and sharpened.

arash_hazeghi
03-21-2012, 03:04 PM
this is very sweet with good light and wing position unfortunately it came out too soft to be a keeper given the very low shutter speed. Next time pick at least 1/2000sec.

Sachin Saraf
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks Arash...I will remember that...I realized the mistake only after I opened it on monitor...on small LCD screen these shots look keeper so need to stop relying completely on LCD screen and just stick to basics and keep making as many images as possible without letting that feeling of Wow result in disappointment when opened on monitor.

Arash, Corrected the watermark and added slightly more sharpness but I am sure it still is not tack sharp to be a keeper.

gail bisson
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi Sachin,
I have to agree with Arash on this one.
Gail

Marina Scarr
03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
What a shame this one is a tad soft b/c it's a stunner! Although 1/2000 of a second would have been the best, with good panning skills you could probably have gotten a sharp flight shot with less than that, at least the head which is most important. The light here was stunning as was the flight angle.

Karl Egressy
03-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Ditto to what Arash said.

Richard Stern
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I agree with Arash and Marina.

Richard

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Sachin I think you were on this with everything but the ss. Sorry you missed it cause it shows nice light and colors.

Robert Holguin
03-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Very nice shot. Love the flight pose, light, and background. We live and learn.
Well done.

Stu Bowie
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Sachin, great wing position, and well placed in the frame. Good complimentary BG too.

We all strive for that perfect shot, so practising with different settings is a good baseline. But we all know nothing beats good early or late afternoon light and achieving a fast shutter speed. :w3

When doing adjustments to an image for a repost, its better to repost your adjusted image, rather than posting your adjusted image in your OP. By reposting your adjusted image in another pane, folks can see what you have done and how it may have improved. :w3:w3 Cheers.