Nikon D3s
1/40 sec at f16
ISO 400
180 Tamron Macro
All comments welcome!

Randy Stout
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Bob:

Lovely colors, great DOF on flower, 'hairy stem' adds some additional interest.

I might consider a sliver off the top, and clone out the green in the BG at the very base.

The texture in the flower is great.

Cheers

Randy

Julie Kenward
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree with Randy but would also add that I'd clean up the dark spot on the lower right petal - a quick clone and it would be good as new. What a beautiful flower! I sure wish my botanical garden would feature these!

Anita Bower
03-22-2012, 05:40 AM
YAY! Lovely capture of this unusual flower. It pops against the dark bg. (How did you get that dark bg?) Lovely sharpness and colors. I like how you got everything in sharp focus. Jules makes a good suggestion about cloning. I would also clone some other spots on the flower--white spots, as well as the out of focus leaves along the bottom edge. Since you cropped this tightly along the sides, I'd crop the top to match. You have a stunning image!

Ken Childs
03-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I just can't get over the incredible colors of these flowers! Nice work with this capture....this was good subject for a dark BG. All my PP suggestions have been covered so I won't repeat them. A little more PP work and this one will jump to the top!

jack williamson
03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
F16 was the perfect choice. Excellent focus and sharpness, the colors are great, love th bg.

Jack

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Great detail center of the flower and nice vivid colors. I'd be tempted to remove the little green left of the stem/leaf area

Anita Bower
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Great detail center of the flower and nice vivid colors. I'd be tempted to remove the little green left of the stem/leaf area
Thanks. Good point about the green. I had intended to remove it!