PDA

View Full Version : Cape Mountain Zebra Scape

Morkel Erasmus
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
I thought I'd break the cycle of recent predator posts :w3.
This was captured back in 2010 in the Mountain Zebra National Park, South Africa. I liked the late afternoon light on this herd of endangered Cape Mountain Zebra against the backdrop of the mountains so typical of this region.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 100-400mm L IS USM @ 250mm
f5.6 @ 1/500 SS @ ISO-400

Marc Mol
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
The inclusion of the diagonal mountain backdrop in fine light really enhances nicely Morkel, can't help but wonder what it may look like wider @100mm (landscape) with the inclusion
of the rest of the mountain slope. Did you manage anything wider by chance?
TFS

Rachel Hollander
03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Morkel - sweet light and I too like the bg. I also like that some of the zebras are sitting, some standing. I just wish for a little more separation between them but I know that is rare.

TFS,
Rachel

Sid Garige
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
You did a great job with comp and environment Morkel. Mountain slope really adds to this image. Very nice.

Steve Kaluski
03-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Agree on the above Morkel, nice habitat/environment feel to this. Just wonder if it go a fraction warmer, WDYT?

TFS
Steve

Ken Watkins
03-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Morkel,

This has to be one of the best parks around for incorporating the landscape into an image, and I fully understand why you have shot vertical here.

I'll be back there in about a month I cannot wait!

Morkel Erasmus
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
The inclusion of the diagonal mountain backdrop in fine light really enhances nicely Morkel, can't help but wonder what it may look like wider @100mm (landscape) with the inclusion
of the rest of the mountain slope. Did you manage anything wider by chance?
TFS

I did, but the zebras really became too small for my tastes in those frames. :e3

Just wonder if it go a fraction warmer, WDYT?

Mmhmm...will have a look! :bg3:

Morkel,

This has to be one of the best parks around for incorporating the landscape into an image, and I fully understand why you have shot vertical here.

I'll be back there in about a month I cannot wait!

I fully agree! I hope you have a good time there...

Steve Canuel
03-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice shot Morkel with some good contrasts within the image (the warm light of the FG vs the cool shadows of the BG, the flat of the grassy plain vs the sloping curve of the mountain, and the differences in the two groups of three zebras.)

vikram potdar
03-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Loved the golden light on Zebras. Mountain slope adds to the beauty of photograph.