Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Aperture: 8
ISO: 200
Focal length: 500mm

http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/album/photo/12619869584ba474fd6ef11.jpg

Randy Stout
03-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Jayesh:

A big welcome to BPN. You have come to the right place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Your sparrow is well exposed, sharp, good colors in the background.

The perch is a little busy, and you could consider toning down some of the brighter leaves just a sliver, esp the one going up on his chest.

Some might prefer a slightly looser crop if you have some additional canvas. It is always a challenge where to crop an image with a perch like this, but I try to cut off as few of the leaves as possible consistent with my other needs for the comp.

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy

Dan Busby
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice profile of this species. Good IQ and active pose. Beautiful background sets it off. I also find the perch a bit busy but that's minor.

jack williamson
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Nice shot of this bird, great BG, the perch is ok.. I don't get " sparrows should not be history" please elaborate.

Jack

Daniel Cadieux
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Nice male House Sparrow in full song for sparrow day (although this guy is technically a member of the "weaver finch" family). Colours look great, and nice details. More room would be nice here, especially at left. Although the perch is indeed busy I find that it works well.