PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Merganser Wing Flap

Marina Scarr
03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Felt pretty lucky while following a merganser pair last week as they were fishing in the lagoon at Ft DeSoto.

Canon 1D3, Canon 500L & 1.4TC
F11, 1/1250sec, ISO 640, manual mode
Feisol tripod, Jobu head, kneeling in the water

C & C always welcomed and much appreciated.

Marina Scarr
www.marinascarrphotography.com (http://www.marinascarrphotography.com)

arash_hazeghi
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
very nice Marina, love the dynamic pose

Sachin Saraf
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Beautiful image Marina...Love the pose and IQ looks great.

Grace Scalzo
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
The shadow on the wing isn't optimal but I see why you were shooting at that sun angle and it isn't an image killer. The green strip framing the top is pleasing to me and of course your iq is great. I do like that amount of wing blur , gives motion to the flap.

Jonathan Ashton
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
We have to suffer for our craft don't we!! I think the kneeling worked very well indeed, love those colours and the exposure, the all important eye is excellent.

Roman Kurywczak
03-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey Marina,
Very nice angle and nice to see the eye visible. I like the motion in the wings as it isn't too soft for my tastes.
It was great meeting and shooting with you if only for a brief afternoon!

jack williamson
03-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Great wing position, exp. right on, sharp. Love the flying water drops.

Jack

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
He Marina. That was a fun day for me as well and the merganser wing flaps topped it off. You got this one well and I like the inclusion of the green bg against the great blue water..as well as the water drops flying. I would prefer forward wing position but that is my wing flap taste and a slighter angle towards us but I remember where you were when this was shot and she just happened to start moving in my direction (sorry) when she flapped. I need to look at my view now. Havn't done much with them yet.

Melissa Groo
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Wonderful dynamic pose Marina, and your usual great exposure, detail and IQ. I find the shadow a tad distracting but nothing major. Love the strip of green at top and the flying water droplets.

RakeshDhareshwar
03-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Lovely dynamic pose here . The drops of water falling around adds to this one . Wish you had shot this at a higher shutter speed , as the wing blur makes it look a bit softer than it actually is .

Frank Schauf
03-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colours, Marina.

Stu Bowie
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Marina, well timed for the wingflap, and I like the placement of the Merganser. Well exposed, and the red bill pops so well from the BG. Well captured.

Robert Holguin
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Wonderful shot. Great timing, love the wing position, exposed perfectly, and I really like the green on top in the background.
Very well done.