PDA

View Full Version : Still Lookin

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Same merganser from the other day. I didn't think I succededed in getting a decent frame when my friend hit the water because of the light angle but I managed to work this one out. I wish i had been in the water / sun behind me I could have busted out a million frames. He was swimming toward me putting the sun right in front of me. Glad I got one of the water.
Camera Model Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x

Arthur Morris
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Nice bird and soft, sweet water. Sharp. With the head turned away a bit at least you got some light on the face with the poor sun angle. There is a very small bit of dark water just below the proximal end of the bill that could go....

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice bird and soft, sweet water. Sharp. With the head turned away a bit at least you got some light on the face with the poor sun angle. There is a very small bit of dark water just below the proximal end of the bill that could go....

Got it, Thanks Artie. Welcome home

Arthur Morris
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Got it, Thanks Artie. Welcome home

Nice clean-up. The face looks a bit lighter in the repost--a good thing if it's true... Thanks. Worse jet lag ever :)....

Karl Egressy
03-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Likks pretty good to me, Cheryl. I like the nice light on the breast. I was wondering if a little fill flash would have opened up the dark areas.

gail bisson
03-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Very nice light on head and chest. Good comp. In a perfect world , this guy's body would be more parallel to the camera and would have more light on him.
Gail

Roman Kurywczak
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Light angle already mentioned. Nice BG and well handled on the exposure front too.

Stu Bowie
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Cheryl, gotta love your introductions, I smile at how you describe your shooting conditions, as well as what could have been - great.

Interesting looking character with the spikey crest, and the light has brought out the greenish sheen on the head nicely. ( it does seem that the head in your repost is lighter ) I like colour of the water too.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi Cheryl, gotta love your introductions, I smile at how you describe your shooting conditions, as well as what could have been - great.

Interesting looking character with the spikey crest, and the light has brought out the greenish sheen on the head nicely. ( it does seem that the head in your repost is lighter ) I like colour of the water too.

Thanks Stuart. I don't know why its lighter i didn't fix it :Whoa!:. It's always an adventure when i am shooting:bg3:

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Cheryl, I liked this a lot. As Artie said, light is from the side but you got the face lit. Loved the water...nice details in the wings. Eye looks great and draws the viewer in.

D. Robert Franz
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Love the light on this one!

Marina Scarr
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Love the light on this one, Cheryl. Wish I ihadn't missed him. The hairdo gives this a lot of character and that, coupled with the light, really makes this special.