PDA

View Full Version : Quince Bush

Julie Kenward
03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
I've tried for three years to get a decent image off my budding Quince bush but with all the small buds going in all different directions and the twigs crossing each other in the BG it hasn't been easy! I finally got one I like. :w3

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
f5.6 @ 1/80th, ISO 200
Shade WB, evaluative metering, handheld

Steve Maxson
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Jules. I like this one too! Beautiful colors, nice comp with the buds in the ROT position, and the background colors compliment the subject nicely. Good job of hh at 1/80. In the background, just to the left of the buds, is a bit of dark green that is just distinct enough to draw my eye - you might tone that down just a little. This is very well done! Your three years of work has paid off! :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
03-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Jules, I love the composition and the colors, especially since they mirror the quince. Really well done:S3:

Anita Bower
03-19-2012, 06:42 AM
I love the wash of warm color that permeated this image! Nice composition and blurred bg which picks up the shapes and colors of the buds. The shallow dof works, and you focused on just the right place. My only suggestion is to clone out a couple of white spots on the flowers, especially the one on the most focused bud. Good persistence.

Ken Childs
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I've tried for three years to get a decent image off my budding Quince bush.
Well, I'd say you succeeded with this one! Going for a shallow DOF was definitely the right choice....the colors in the OOF BG really compliment those buds!

Ed Cordes
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I agree with all the above positive comments. I like the soft color presentation. A bit more space on the right would be nice.

jack williamson
03-22-2012, 04:24 PM
These kind of shallow dof shots are hard to get right, you have done well with this one. The complimentary BG is right on.

Jack