PDA

View Full Version : Little Kingfisher (Ceyx pusilla) Cairns Queensland Australia

Rod Warnock
03-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Little Kingfisher (Ceyx pusilla) Cairns Queensland Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F6.3 1/400 available light 16 July 2011 12.32pm
Taken at Centenary Lakes over the salt water creek and apart from such delightful small kingfisher, the Little Kingfisher is one of the 12 endemic species occurring in the Queensland Wet Tropics but also is endemic to Queensland.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Arthur Morris
03-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Amazing bird. The over-saturated BLUEs and GREENs are clipped on both ends. The broken branch protruding from the bird's head is very distracting....

Doug Brown
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Definitely a fantastic bird. I didn't check the histogram but I'm not seeing clipped blues on my monitor. The branch behind the head is a big time distraction. I'd try to bring out a bit more detail in the blacks around the eye.

Arthur Morris
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Definitely a fantastic bird. I didn't check the histogram but I'm not seeing clipped blues on my monitor. The branch behind the head is a big time distraction. I'd try to bring out a bit more detail in the blacks around the eye.

I did check the histogram. There is clipping at both ends, more at the shadow end.

Ofer Levy
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
A sweet shot of a bird that is not easily photographed. Some of the white is a bit hot but not a deal breaker.