PDA

View Full Version : Common Bluetail Damselfly (Ischnura heterosticta ) female Hunter Wetlands NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
03-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Common Bluetail Damselfly (Ischnura heterosticta ) female Hunter Wetlands NSW
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F11.0 1/640 Kenko Ext Tubes stacked(68mm) flash 11 March 2012
A common Damselfly found near water but Wildiaries has more on this species at : http://au.dragonflies.wildiaries.com/species/12604 . Reiner Richter kindly identified this species for me and runs a valuable identification website on Dragonflies and Damselflies at: http://photos.rnr.id.au/dragonflies.html
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Steve Maxson
03-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi Rod. The diagonal comp works well, the damselfly gave you a good pose, and you have good sharpness throughout. I would suggest cloning the bright spot in the background below the damselfly (spider web?) and also the OOF bits behind the stem in the URC. I'm noticing some posterization in the background where the greens are not blending smoothly - you might try to smooth out those edges. A couple tweaks will take this strong image up a notch or two. :S3:

Rod - Please feel free to comment on the images of others. I'm sure they would like to hear your thoughts about their photos. :S3:

Ken Childs
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Rod, diagonal comps generally work well for Damselflies so this one looks just right to me. Sharpness and colors look good, too! In addition to what Steve suggests, I would do some cleanup of the spectral highlights on the buds and on the damsel. It would be tough to get rid of all of them, especially on the wings, but some of the larger ones should be relatively easy to get rid of. Overall this one looks good and with a little more PP work, it should look great!

jack williamson
03-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Nice comp, very sharp everywhere, I like the BG.

Jack

bhavya joshi
03-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Well Compose and Captured.. and Like the Colorful Bright spot on Wings. Above Comment cover all point.. SO well Click. TFS