PDA

View Full Version : Brown Thornbill (Acanthiza pusilla) Bulga NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Brown Thornbill (Acanthiza pusilla) Bulga NSW
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F8.0 1/640 Kenko Ext Tube 20mm flash 14 March 2012 9.36am
The Brown Thornbill occurs in south-eastern Australia from southern half of Queensland, through New South Wales, Victoria and into South Australia. and also Tasmania.Birds in Backyards has a fact sheet at :
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Acanthiza-pusilla . There are eleven other thornbills in Australia.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Don Lacy
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Rod, First time seeing an image of this bird, I like the pose and you have nice light here but for my taste I find the image just a touch busy with the branches intersecting the subject.

Arthur Morris
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Nice bird and BKGR color. The image quality/sharpness looks a bit suspect.... The chopped up perch and the cluttered setting were bad luck. The bird's head is angled away from the line of its body.

Colin Driscoll
03-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Nice one Rod, hard to get these in the clear. We can excuse Arty, he may not be too familiar with what natural dead Aussie bush branches look like :) Pose and dead twigs are not ideal. Definitely a bird/habitat shot.