PDA

View Full Version : Chorus Frog

Andrew McLachlan
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Yikes! These guys began singing on Tuesday, March 13th. That is the earliest I have ever heard them begin to call in the 15 years I have lived here. Captured this guy last night and decided to try my 'waterfall setting' in Topaz B&W Effects to see what it might look like. Reduced the opacity of the layer to about 75%. Look forward to comments.

Mark Fuge
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Nice image and application, Andrew.

You and your frogs! :w3

Like the effect, will have to look at that option, haven't found it yet.

Not sure about the composition. It seems to me that it could use a little crop on the top. I get pulled up there. If it were mine I might try cropping to the top of the horz dark line area. Above the shaded area, but below the brighter area. But nice image. :c3:

Christopher Miller
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Very nice image, Andrew. I can't wait for the frogs to start singing here. Nice details in the frog, and I like the sepia tone and composition. I might tone down the bright spots in the BG a bit.

Judy Howle
03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Very nice Andrew! The effect works well on the frog. I agree about toning down the brighter elements in the background. A dark vignette might work well also.

denise ippolito
03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Andrew, I love the way you processed this. Great original capture. I might tone down or evict the straight small twig in the background on the left if it were mine. You have been posting some really great frog images. Do I see a frog book in the near future??

Steve Adkins
03-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Wonderful POV, Andrew. Your frog images are outstanding! I think it looks interesting with a 1/4 crop of the top also. Love the bubble detail and the toning. :S3:

Indranil Sircar
03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Andrew, this is awesome! Love the perspective and your processing. I really like the string of bubbles! I too think taking a bit off the top would be another alternative. Another great frog composition in your collection :S3:

Hilary Hann
03-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Love the processing on this but some good points have been made re toning down some bright spots. Frogs make great subjects.

Paul Lagasi
03-17-2012, 10:02 AM
It must be a lot warmer there...haven't heard a peep here yet...:bg3:...nice image, good advice given..well done

Andrew McLachlan
03-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. Paul, we have had a couple of days up near +20. I have spent the last two days in the pond..the sound is deafening, but beautiful :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
03-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Andrew, I love the way you processed this. Great original capture. I might tone down or evict the straight small twig in the background on the left if it were mine. You have been posting some really great frog images. Do I see a frog book in the near future??

Thanks Denise, there should be a frog book out before the end of the year :S3: