PDA

View Full Version : Light From Within

Joe Senzatimore
03-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Went to a local spring flower show and had the opportunity to photograph many different flowers. I have tried on many occations to get a decent Cala image , but have never been sucessful. This time I think I got one to keep. I don't do alot of flowers , so I would be interested in what others who do think of this image.
Thanks in advance.

800ISO F13 at 1/250th
Hand held flash with diffuser
Processed in CS5 and Topaz and Color efex

Allen Sparks
03-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Joe, I don't do many flowers either but this does look like a real keeper to me too. Love the light - it does look like it is coming from within the flower. I think the composition is very well done too - like the flower placement and inclusion of stems in lower part of photo. Nice one.

Andrew McLachlan
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Nicely done Joe...I might take a tiny sliver off the bottom if it were mine and run a smidge of noise reduction on the background. Beautiful flower.

bhavya joshi
03-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Beautiful image Joe.. Love the Light, compo and Nice frame.. Well shot.. TFS.

Steve Maxson
03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi Joe. For a guy who claims not to do much flower work, I think you have a winner here. :S3: You have good comp and sharpness and the lighting is very dramatic. I would agree about doing a little nr on the background. I am noticing a reddish edge on the lower right edge of the bloom - you might want to touch that up a bit. These are just minor tweaks to a fine image.

Ken Childs
03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey Joe, I'd say you definitely got a keeper! The glow looks great! I agree with cropping some from the bottom and IMHO, this could use another round of sharpening.