PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Box Image of the Week John Storjohann‎ for week ending Jan. 27th, 2012 - Foggy Sunrise / Still Playing with DAP

Daniel Cadieux
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Congratulations John!!!

This was taken at the Riverlands Migratory Wetlands about four weeks ago. I was out on a shoot with Jay and while we both worked this scene at sunrise, we both had very different takes on it. RAW image processed in LR; applied low opacity layers of NIK Tonal Contrast and Detail Extractor and then brought the image into DAP. Applied the Realism effect after tweaking the settings a bit; save it as a PSD and tweaked the layer opacity once back into PS. I know sunrises/sunsets can be an overwrought subject matter...but for some reason, for the first time in a LONG time, I find myself really drawn to them. :e3

Brendan Dozier
03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Congratulations, John!

Cheryl Slechta
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM
John, congratulations! This is a beautiful image.:S3:

denise ippolito
03-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Congratulations John.

Harshad Barve
04-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Congratulations John!!!

John Storjohann
04-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you for the comments...I have to admit, I need to look in here more often...I usually just spend time in OOTB and don't venture too far into other forums. There are some wonderful images in here that I've missed...humbled to see one of mine in here with them.