PDA

View Full Version : Poking Out

Julie Kenward
03-13-2012, 08:51 PM
And there they were...my first clump of daffodils breaking free in today's 75 degree sunshine!
Processed in Lightroom 3/CS5 and added the Lighten Center/Darken Edges filter from Nik's Color Efex Software.

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm w/extension tube
f4 @ 1/80th, ISO 200
Daylight WB, evaluative metering
Handheld, natural early evening light

Steve Maxson
03-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi Jules. Spring must be here! I like the soft light and the shallow DOF works well - you have good sharpness on the bloom where it needs to be and my eye goes right to it, yet there is enough detail in the background to suggest the context of the image. Nice use of the filter to subtly highlight the bloom. This is very well done!

Anita Bower
03-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Don't you love those first Daffodils? I'm glad to see a landscape view of Daffy's--I like it. Good use of the Nik filter--I'm always interested in which ones people use.

Joe Senzatimore
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
The dark edges work well to highlight the beautiful bloom. Nice to include the surrounding area , which tells the story of spring 's arrival. Nice light and great use of DOF.

Allen Sparks
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi Julie,
My eye goes right to the bloom but I like the surrounding subtle green stems as a background too. Gives an intimate feel to the image - well done.

Ken Childs
03-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I really like the ethereal feel to this, the DOF is just right IMHO! I do like it as is but the flower seems a little hot for my tastes...I might like it better if it were toned down just a bit.

Julie Kenward
03-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Ken, I know what you mean about the hot look but I think that's right for this species of daffy - they have white on the end of the main petals.