PDA

View Full Version : Sky on fire

Grady Weed
04-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time 12/6/2006 06:40:56, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/6Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F8.0, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation 0, ISO 100, Lens EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Focal Length 65.0 mm, Image size 4368 x 2912, Image Quality RAW, Flash Off, White Balance Auto, AF mode: AI focus AF, Picture Style: Standard. On tripod with cable release.

This one was imaged from the hill over looking the tower. It is the best view for stunning colors and water traffic sunrises. I sometimes have just watched the sunrise from this vantage point and missed my image because it was so breathtaking. I have many others with more varied hues I will post to showcase the lighthouse. I sort of like the almost centered look to this one.

Thanks for looking and any suggestions.

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Grady,
Really liked the colors and strong lines on this one. Wasn't sure on crop so........I pulled this into PS to see if I would like more of a pano crop........posted the results below...........also hit it with Robert's local contrast enhancement USM..amount 40.........radius 40......thresh 0.........also adjusted the blacks to be a total silhouette.......maybe a little too over the top?????......but I like it.
Roman

Harold Davis
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
i dont think it is over the top at all, roman. i think that is strong and proper! beautiful scene, grady. where is this?

Robert Amoruso
04-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Grady,

The chimneys are touching the horizon (I think I hit you with this comment on this view before :) ).

Other then that, I like the composition, colors and feel of the image.

Gus Cobos
04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Very nice composition Grady,
Love those colors and the mood...:D