PDA

View Full Version : High Key Snowy

Colin Knight
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm gearing up for another trip to some local islands next month and reviewing some past images. I think I like the high key look given by a low angle and overcast sky. Taken in December 2010 on Bull Island, SC. For any who don't know, these guys drag the surface of the water with their feet to help catch a meal. 500mm, 1/1300, ISO 1600, 5.6110131

Sid Garige
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Colin,

Excellent pose and fantastic composition. Only thing that comes into my mind is little bit of gold/orange patch on the top of the frame. Cloning that part might improve the image and may be little closer crop. Hope you dont mind here is my attempt.

Colin Knight
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks for your critique! I had previously cloned that area out when I was working with the image. However, for the post here I wanted to keep it as natural as possible. The white reflection sure makes it an easy clone though!

laurie golden
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Colin,

I love the strange action here - I have never seen this before. And I do prefer it without the yellow in the upper right. Snowy's are goods subjects for high key look so hope you find some more on your next trip.