PDA

View Full Version : Red and White

Dan Busby
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I took a little break from shooting today and am looking back through the huge collection of shots from the past few weeks in SW Florida. This White Ibis fly-by was a grab shot as I was photographing a grounded Great Blue Heron. Most settings were close and a quick two clicks to reduce exposure seemed to save the whites. It's amazing to see the difference in face colour from mid-Feb., when they were much paler, to early March. These birds are very speedy! All C&C welcome and appreciated.

Canon 1D Mark IV, 500mm f/4L, ISO:800, f/7.1@1/2500, Manual, AI Servo AF, evaluative metering, Gitzo 3530LS, leveling head, Jobu HD II gimbal. Cropped about 40%, ran mild NR on background (Noiseware Pro), Sharpened with Topaz and USM.

Dave Leroy
03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I like the very slight banking pose with both wings down. Nicely done. Exposure looks very good and nice and sharp.

Gary Esman
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Sweet shot Dan, pin sharp head and love the wing position. exposure looks spot on. Great job.

Gary.

Robert Holguin
03-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Wonderful shot. . I really like the pose, real nice detail, great eye contact, and great comp.
Very well done.

Frank Schauf
03-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Really nice flight shot and great details.

Stu Bowie
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi Dan, excellent exposure and whites on this fellow, and overall tack sharp. The reds look good too. You have captured a good flying posure with the full down stroke of the wings, and good to see the reflection of the water on the far underwing. Comp wise, I would take about a third off the top. :w3