PDA

View Full Version : Townsend's Warbler Female

Don Nelson
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Female on perch provided by me. Near Suet. rain. No blind used. We have had seven at the feeders all winter.
1DMkIV, ISO 1250, 800mm+1.4TCIII, 1/250, f11, manual, no flash,back focus set on eye (with short distance your depth of field is slim - yes foot and tail tip is OOF)
Hope you like it

Dan Busby
03-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Very nice Don. I love warblers and have never seen this one in person. I know what a challenge the DoF is with these birds but there is enough detail in this one to make it work for me. The good head angle really helps. Nice little glint in the eye. Nice soft lighting as well. My only small crit is the sharp oof background elements to the left of the tail, above the shoulders and at the right central edge. Oh, and looking at the techs, you really pushed the limit of just about everything going here and did a fine job!

Dave Leroy
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
You made the most of the limited DoF that was available. Sharp and detailed where it needs to be. Very nice pose and bg. It would be interesting to see the softened up bg as suggested by Dan. Lucky you to have them at your feeder.

Robert Holguin
03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Wonderful shot. Real nice pose, great detail, and well composed.
Well done.

Arthur Morris
03-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Sweet, sweet, sweet. You've captured one of those magic moments when a warbler stays yields the perfect pose while remaining still for an instant. I agree 100% with Dan's excellent critique. If you need some suggestions for smoothing out the BKGR edges let us know. See you again soon!

Grace Scalzo
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM
What a nicely rendered image, pushing the limits of your gear. Lots of nice details and the sweetest pose you could ask for. DOF is not an issue for me as my eye went right for her eye.