PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher on the Beach

Cathy McEntee
03-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Went out this morning and saw quite a few oystercatchers--this one was on the beach braving the blowing wind and sand, waiting patiently for me to stop stalking him or her :t3.

Nikon D7000 Nikon 300mm 2.8 with 1.7 tc
ISO 400, f8 1/2000 manual exposure
Adjustments LR3, sharpening, levels CS5

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Jeff Cashdollar
03-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Cathy,

I like the abstract looking background and the image is unique and this is a beautiful specie to boot. Maybe take some off the bottom lots of negative space and the eye can get lost in the foreground. Nice picture, f8 and there thats the way to do it.

Kerry Perkins
03-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Cathy, nice classic OC shot - nicely exposed and composed. Your techs are spot on IMO and I like the saturation - not too much but enough to show the crazy color of the bill. :c3: I suggest a bit of NR on the background. Good job!

John Chardine
03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
That's a super oystercatcher Cathy. Love the sharpness and colour. Such a handsome bird! I also love the way the eyebrow is casting a little shadow on the eye- gives a sense of depth. I agree some off the bottom would be good, and maybe in that case a bit of the top as well. Some off the bottom will also eliminate those dark blobs that are cut off at the edge of the frame (I always try to get rid of these if they are there).