PDA

View Full Version : Silver studded blue

Jonathan Ashton
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro tripod ISO 200 -0.3 1/160sec f10

This is a rework of an image I submitted last June, I would be grateful for your C&C .

jack williamson
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I like this very much. You have very good dof and sharpness, a very good exposure and Bg.

Jack

Julie Kenward
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I really like it, Jonathan...not sure what you changed but I really like the softness and color of the BG against the deeper color of the stem and the dark spots on the butterfly. I will add that part of the butterfly feels a little oversharpened near the head and upper wing area...maybe backing off that just a bit will leave it with a more natural feel to the texture of the wings.

Steve Maxson
03-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi Jonathan. Beautifully done with an interesting subject on a nice perch in very good light. I also like the comp, DOF, and background. I think the wash of purple in the background adds interest to the image. The only thing I might suggest is to clone the small disembodied bit of leaf on the bottom edge to the left of the stem. Very well done!:cheers:

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. The difference with this image compared to the original is the sharpening, I tend to go round full circle applying and not applying sharpening in RAW. I also tried Topaz detail before the image was resized and sharpened for the web, I applied it very sparingly indeed but I think it does bring out more detail, I also have begun to use this on birds- again I think it helps.
I also desaturated the yellows a little in the green areas of the plant.

Andrew McLachlan
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Jonathan, very nicely captured. The out of focus pink swath in the BG is lovely.

Ken Childs
03-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Hey Jon, I love this one! The subject looks nice and sharp and the there is a great blend of colors in the BG. I would clone away the leaf that Steve mentioned and I would also remove the tiny leaf(?) on the stem of the lowest bud on the right.

Do you have a link to the original post of this image?