PDA

View Full Version : Canada Goose in the honeygold last-light

Jack Breakfast
03-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Will be curious to see what you fine folks say about this? I'm quite happy with it as is but would welcome your suggestions, of course...so sorry about the thread confusion...changed my mind and posted a different picture...How does one change a thread title, I wonder? Anyhow, this CANADA GOOSE was taken a few weeks back just before sunset with the Canon 7D, 70-200 f4 at 176mm, f8, 1/500, iso400...Anyhow, many thanks for your consideration...

Dave Leroy
03-09-2012, 01:54 PM
It is lovely light and I like the look and texture of the water. The head angle is off a bit, and I wish there was full front lighting on the goose, and a lower angle.

Jack Breakfast
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Dave, I love the h.a. myself but see your point. Interestingly, I have the same shot at a lower angle and the water doesn't look too special at all. Thanks kindly for your input.

Stuart Hill
03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Jack, personally i quite like the ha too. Looking out across the water. Love the colours just wish that land in the bottom left wasn't there.

regards.
Stu.

Jack Breakfast
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Stuart...this is one of those "highly imperfect shots that I would hate to lose" and why should I lose it? Huzzah! I guess I'd prefer the land wasn't there either...I welcome continued comments from the good birdfolks?

Daniel Cadieux
03-10-2012, 07:47 PM
This is tough one when it comes to HA with this light direction. A HA more to my liking and you may lose the light hitting the face, so this was the way to go if you wanted it lit (unless you moved left and stepped into the water with the goose). Nice light quality and colour.

P.S. Changed the title for you!

Jack Breakfast
03-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Daniel, I really appreciate your comments and of course the thread title change...much appreciated!