PDA

View Full Version : The Big Fight

Kiran Poonacha
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Got these Juvenile White eyed buzzards fighting for territory. I chose the image showing the nicitating membrane over the one showing the eye clear as I felt it shows more of the birds behavior.

1/3200, F 5.6, ISO 800

Mk4+500mm+1.4TC

Regards,

Kiran.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
What a cool capture. I like the open mouth on the far bird and that both raptures have a visible eye. I wonder if there is a way to fix the far birds eye without looking funny?

Kiran Poonacha
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank you Cheryl, as suggested I fixed the eye using it from the next frame.

Hope this works?

Regards,

Kiran.

Dave Leroy
03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Nice action captured. I am quite surprised at the DoF with sharp features in both birds. I can understand why you went with the first post, but I do prefer the second with the clear eye.

Sandy McMillan
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Fantastic behavior shot, I can't see anything that I would change!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you Cheryl, as suggested I fixed the eye using it from the next frame.

Hope this works?

Regards,

Kiran.

Nice work. Works for me. great low angle bye the way

Marina Scarr
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
As much as your repost is more aesthetically pleasing, I find the OP more accurately reflects the events and, therefore, the story. I would be normal for the bird to put up it's defenses by protecting its eye, and I feel that is an important element to the story.

Karl Egressy
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
The repost is amzing. Great interaction captured, Kiran.

Harshad Barve
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Killer fight shot bhai
TFS

Ron Sprunger
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm with Marina on preferring the OP. DOF is amazing, and it's a great capture.

adrian dancy
03-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I am inclined to agree with Marina on this. We would all wish for an open eye but to PS it would be removing an important element...photographs should, if possible, tell a story,tell the truth and educate. The original post does all three.

Why have you gone in so close ...did you clip a wing? either way it's fine image though only slightly noisy in the wings and perhaps this could have been avoided. However it is certainly within acceptable limits for my taste. Nice work.

BTW although you probably know, eye colour in raptors change with age and the last thing I would advise is giving a juvenile an adult's eye or vice versa, you might confuse an ornithologist:w3 .