PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Hummingbird Feeding

richgarrett
04-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I have been trying to get this shot for 3 years. Hummingbird feeding newly fledged chick on a branch. The chick had fledged 4 days earlier.

Arthur Morris
04-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Nicely done in spite of the busy BKGR and wonderul head angle on the young one. You just managed to fit them both in.

Jude Haase
04-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I'd rather a tad more DOF.....other than that no suggestions! Very nice image!!

Alfred Forns
04-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Big Welcome !!!!! Excellent image to start out with !!!

Agree on the extra room for the birds Do like the sharpness and behavior Pleas post the tech info if you are able Will make it a lot easier to see what you were doing !!!

Linda Robbins
04-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Rich -

About tiime you started posting! I hope you will also post some of your mammals and underwater!

I know how much effort it took to get this image. The babies leave the nest and only stay in the area a day or two....then not only do you have to find them, you have to catch the mother flight feeding during that small window of opportunity, You got me started in hummingbird photography, and I have yet to see this behavior...let alone photograph it.

The bg is busy, but you got both birds in the clear. Great head angle on the baby, and sharp detail. Congrats on a special image!

Larry Daniel
04-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Great capture, you have a lot of patience evidently.

Very sharp and a unique picture. While the BG is busy it is their environment. Good work!

Grace Scalzo
04-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Your patience paid off. Great interaction between parent and chick. Looking forward to more of your images.

Leroy Laverman
04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Excellent capture. The birds are so nice I don't notice the BG so much. I suppose one could selectively blur it some more but this is a rare and unique shot. Well done indeed.