PDA

View Full Version : Song Thrush

Alexander Koenders
04-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Do the BG is a little busy, the total ambience of the picture gave me a romantic feeling because of the light effect. I wonder what you think about it.

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED300 F2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter

Steve Ashton
04-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Superb Image Alexander. You and that Zuiko do wonderfull things.

Possible a little more usm on the head? on my screen it seems very slightly soft.

Ian Colley
04-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Beautiful shot alexander, agree with the above comment, birds head is a little soft. I also agree with you, very subtle light.

Alexander Koenders
04-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Superb Image Alexander. You and that Zuiko do wonderfull things.

Possible a little more usm on the head? on my screen it seems very slightly soft.

I am very happy with the combination I use Steve. Do the Olympus E3 camera is known to have more noise then Canon en Nikon, its getting to started a winner when you use the Zuiko Pro Lenses with it. Then it becommes a killer combination I guess:D And it's nice to know that I am (I think) the only Olympus shooter at this forum. Makes it a kind of special:cool:;)

In this case I choose not to use the USM to much because I believe that a soft image belongs with the ambiance. Perhaps I was wrong on this?

Arthur Morris
04-12-2008, 06:13 AM
I like it and it looks sharp enough to me. Nice head angle and nice soft light. The slightly raised wing, the o-o-f stuff in the l-l-c, and the unfortunate branch below the branch that the bird is perched on are all bothersome to me.

Alfred Forns
04-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Alexander You are doing well with that combination !!!! I sure do like the results you are getting !!!!

Might look even better posted at the max size and would give it a extra usm pass Love the feel !!! Big Congrats !!!

Linda Robbins
04-12-2008, 08:26 AM
The soft light is lovely and the pose and head angle are good. While the branches are somewhat busy, the oof vegetation in the lower left corner is unfortunate. I think some selective sharpening on the bird would be good.

Ian Colley
04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Alexander, another Oly user here but not an E3.

Alexander Koenders
04-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi Alexander, another Oly user here but not an E3.

Great to meet a other user of this system;)