PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Wanderer (Danaus petilia) Ash Island NSW

Rod Warnock
03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Lesser Wanderer (Danaus petilia) Ash Island NSW
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F13.0 1/800 20mm Extension Tube flash 4 March 2012 8.46am
Taken along Bell Frog Track on Ash Island in the Hunter River NSW
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Steve Maxson
03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Rod. This image has a lot going for it - nice pose, plus good comp, lighting, exposure, sharpness, and background. The wings of the butterfly look, to my eye, like they might be slightly oversharpened - though that might be somewhat due to the light angle. This is very well done! :cheers:

jack williamson
03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Very nice Rod, excellent sharpness, great exposure, great BG, really good comp. I just wish that the bottom of the stem was as sharp as everything else but still very nice as is.

Jack

Ken Childs
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Rod, this is a beautiful Bfly and I really like your capture! The bending stem leading up to the flower and the bfly looks fantastic! IMHO, the butterfly itself has a slight flashed look to it but I think that should be an easy fix.....using SH or maybe adding a little black to the whites should fix that. I would also consider cropping a slice off the bottom....maybe to just above your signature. I know it's considered a no no to have something entering the frame in a corner but it doesn't bother me at all. Overall this is extremely well done! :cheers:

Gary Esman
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Beautiful shot Rod! Love the 2 tone background. Gary.

Jonathan Ashton
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Great shot, details and exposure excellent, I like the composition and the background

Julie Kenward
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
This feels pretty dark overall on my monitor...I wouldn't mind seeing Ken's suggestion of a shadow/highlight adjustment and possibly a curves change as well. I think some of the detail is getting lost in the darkness of the image.