PDA

View Full Version : Azalea

Cheryl Slechta
03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I've been experimenting with a LightPad and a rudimentary studio set-up and this is one of my results. I wanted a high-key effect so I overexposed a little and then added a slight bit of Nik Color Efex High Key (I hope that's OK to do here). I didn't do any sharpening or NR and wasn't sure if I should. I kind of liked it the way it was.
Canon 7D, 100mm, f/6.3, 1/15 sec., ISO 100, +.3EV.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.:S3:

Valerio Tarone
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Cheryl i don't know exactly what a Light Pad is, but I know I like the shot. You used a relative shallow technique, I think the result is good.

bhavya joshi
03-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Well shot Cheryl.. Like the White and brown Contrast. looks simply beautiful.

Steve Maxson
03-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi Cheryl. This image has a nice abstract quality to it. I like the white on white look and all the curving lines of the stamens. Well done.

jack williamson
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
This turned out nice Cheryl. I think it would also work rotated 90 degrees CCW. I have tried this shot many times, they never seem to turn out for me. Well done.

Jack

Ken Childs
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Cheryl, this is a very pleasing image....obviously your lightpad did the trick! I like the shallow focus but would have liked a fraction more DOF so the top anthers would be sharper....a different angle or maybe a smaller aperture would have been the way to go. You might be able selectively sharpen those anthers. I would also consider cropping a slice off the top. I'm looking forward to more of your lightpad experiments! :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks, everyone, it is a work in progress. Ken, I had thought about a crop from the top and think I'd like it better and I'll try sharpening the anthers. I'll post another attempt soon.:S3:

Anita Bower
03-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Nice work. I like the overall white with bits of color. I also like the results of using the light pad--something I've thought of trying. It would be interesting to see how this would look with a little more dof, as Jules suggests.