PDA

View Full Version : Decaying Lotus Leaf Abstract

Mary Stamper
04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I really wanted to be able to get the camera more parallel to the surface of the water, but unless I can figure out how to levitate about 10 feet above the water I couldn't achieve that. There was some wind causing the leaves to quiver so I couldn't stop down much. Nevertheless, It was one of those moments that I couldn't resist, because I knew I wouldn't have another chance.

I like the "OMG what IS it????" quality that it has.

Hmm... maybe this one belongs in Out of the Box instead.....

D2X
200 mm macro lens
iso 800
1/40
F8

John Cooper
04-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Hi Mary - when I frist looked at your abstract image my eyes wandered around looking for a center of interest, but once I read the title it started to come together!! Sometimes the title serves as an all important part of an image!!!

Mary Stamper
04-12-2008, 07:14 AM
This is one of those images that one might initially be inclined to throw in the trash, except that I took it 1.5 years ago and somehow my eye keeps getting drawn to it. I've long forgotten what the original scene even looked like. I've got a bit of a taste for pure abstraction, and when I look at it that way, with no regard for what it was of or how it was made, I see a radial pattern of black finger-like areas moving out of the lower left. I'm sure that it will not be to everyone's taste, and that's perfectly fine. I still wonder what it would have looked like if I could have gotten it tack sharp across the entire image.....

Mike Moats
04-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Hey Mary, I really liked your last post with the lotus leaves, but this one is just not working for me. I know its an abstract look but I think it needs more defined patterns to hold my interest.