PDA

View Full Version : badweed

Valerio Tarone
03-03-2012, 02:49 PM
the dried flower of snakeweedf. nikon D300 f 6,4 1/40 EV -1 spot metring manual focus.
I'm not sure that's well focused, as was really difficult focus on the fg steams in the cold. Small crop on the left. Saved at 52 % quality.
I wonder whether it hasart appealing or not. thanks!

Steve Maxson
03-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi Valerio. Lots of interesting curving lines! My eye goes right to the dark cluster of seed heads and I would wish that they were a little brighter so we could see them better. For my tastes, I would like to see that cluster as the sharpest part of the image - I think a little more DOF would make the image stronger. You might consider cropping a little from the right to eliminate the bright highlights on that side as they are drawing my eye. This image has a lot of abstract qualities open to subjective interpretation so it will be interesting to see what others chime in. :S3:

Valerio Tarone
03-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Steve, at first thanks. Your tip to get brightenr the centre that's what I was wondering. I add a reply with some pp. adjustments from Raw: levels S , local color point in the centre to improve brightness. general more contrast, sharness in USM. some crops on both sides. Please give your critique. i hope not to have mistaken the file, of course. I used, of course a sturdy tripod.

Steve Maxson
03-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Brightening the center and cropping from the right side made a big difference! :S3:

Valerio Tarone
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I suppose so. Thanks.

Julie Kenward
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I like the repost although I might like something between the two images even more. (I like the detail of the second but the soft muted colors of the opening post.) I have to say, Valerio, this is one of my favorites of yours. It really fills the frame nicely and I love all the lines and circular motion of the image.

Cheryl Slechta
03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Valerio, I really like the repost. It accentuates the curves and the hairs. There are a couple of spots (one in the upper right about 2/3 of the way up and one to the left of center that I think should be removed.

Valerio Tarone
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Julie.<like few drops didtillated! Cheryl: yes I see, I think they're spots of dust, on the flower. not on the lens.

Valerio Tarone
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Julie,, as drops distillated.. Cheryl:yes I see, I think they're spots of dust on the flower not on the lens.<like few="" drops="" didtillated!="" cheryl:="" yes="" i="" see,="" think="" they're="" spots="" of="" dust,="" on="" the="" flower.="" not="" lens.

</like>

Ken Childs
03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Valerio, I definitely prefer the repost but like Jules, I think I would like something between the repost and the original post even more. This is a very interesting plant and you did a good job with the capture.

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I will stay with the original, ok may be a bit ligher but not as dramatic as in your second repost, since it begins to look unnatural.

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Valerio, I did some chages to your image, I hope you don't mind. Just cropped to 3:2 ration and lighten the darker areas.