PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Redshank juv.

Geir Jensen
03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
This image is from Norway . Data : 1D MK III , 500mmL +1,4 Converter . 1/200 , F 5,6 , ISO 640 .
C and C are welcomen.

Frank Schauf
03-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Great colours, sharpeness and BG, Geir.

Marina Scarr
03-03-2012, 02:13 PM
You photographed this one at a great low angle and you had nice muted light, good exposure and a nice clean BG. However, I am not a fan of your placement of the bird or of where you cut its legs. I wonder if it might be helpful for you to take your teleconverter off for a while or try photographing from a little farther away. For this particular capture, I would like to see the bird in the right side of the frame to give him room to move into the left side of the frame. I think most viewers would find that perspective more pleasing to the eye.

Geir Jensen
03-03-2012, 03:43 PM
If the bird had seen more out of the picture, so I agree with you that the bird should have been placed more to the right. However, since the bird looks into the picture, I feel that the comp is correct.

gail bisson
03-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi Geir,
I have to agree with Marina on this one! I really find the cutoff legs with no space below for the rest of his virtual feet and legs off putting. Even if the bird is looking towards you you still need more space on the left IMHO,
Gail

Sidharth Kodikal
03-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Lovely setting, sharpness and low angle. Agree with more space and comp suggestions above, Geir.
I haven't see this bird, but I figured I'd mention that it appears to have a magenta cast. I'm probably wrong as nobody has mentioned it.

Ofer Levy
03-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Another vote for more room at the bottom and left.