PDA

View Full Version : White-tailed Kites

Kerry Perkins
03-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Tis the season... No, not that late December holiday, but the spring revival, where life re-asserts itself. White-tailed Kites move the species forward by providing new ones. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on brah!

1D4, 400mm f/5.6 + 1.4x = 560mm f/8
Manual mode, f/8@1/3200, ISO 800 WB 4800K
AI Servo autofocus, HH, no flash

gary ellwein
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Well done Kerry. I particularly like the eye in both subjects. Alot of white to deal with on a bright sunny day. Most of it appears to be under control. A bit of the males breast and flank appears a bit hot, may just be my momitor. The males extended wing and uplifted head convey exhileration. The female appears resigned at best. The subtle wispy clouds nicely break up an otherwise flat blue bg.

Gary

Rachel Hollander
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Kerry - I agree with Gary that the eyes really make this image. Nice dof too. The whites on the male's breast do look a little hot to me too. I wish you could bring out the clouds a bit more.

TFS,
Rachel

Joel Eade
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I will agree...the "eyes" have it!!

The whites look good on my MAcBook Pro.

I would maybe try a more vertical crop with removal of the branches that intersect the tail, and some more NR on the BG

Really nice capture of nature in action and the sharpness is good using the extender too. Demonstrates good technique.

Cathy McEntee
03-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Kerry - I agree with all of the above--the eyes capture your attention and make the image--just beautiful. I can see some noise on my screen too.