PDA

View Full Version : BPN Members Benefits

Fabs Forns
04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
1. Members can use our in-house image hosting service and post 1 image per forum every 24 hours. Please do comment on other images as much as you care to and as much as possible.
(Please limit image sizes to 800 pix on the longest side and 150kb)

2. Only BPN members will qualify for the Image of the Week and the Image of the Year awards.
The Image of the Year will be selected only from the IOTW winners.
There will be a IOTY winner from each critique forum. The IOTY winner from each forum will receive a lifetime membership to BPN(and some stuff we are working on!).
>From the IOTY forum winners we will select an "Overall" winner.
The "Overall" winner of the first Image of the Year will receive a lifetime membership to BPN and a 3- Day "In the Field Workshop" via boat with James Shadle.
The second year "Overall" winner will receive a lifetime membership to BPN and a 4-Day Bosque IPT with Artie Morris.

3. Members have access to the members list that include both members and forum contributors.

4. Members will have a "Member's Gallery" available in the very near future.

5. Only Members may start threads in the "Workshop,Lectures and Events" forum. Members and contributors may post reply comments.

6. Only BPN Members may may start threads in the "Buy, Sell and Trade Photography Gear" forum. Members and contributors may browse and reply to post.

7. Members have our deepest gratitude.

BPN is still in it's infancy so to speak; and we are working on adding more member benefits even as I write.

BPN is the only educational site that consistently provides honest critiques that are designed to help you create better images in the field and to learn to optimize those images pleasingly and skillfully after capture; our annual fee is proportionately miniscule. We do ask that all those who benefit from the work that we are doing support us by paying their annual dues.

Dan Brown
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the great info. As a new member of this forum, I still don't know the whats and wheres of posting, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. FYI, I am a tropical fish fancier and I recently joined "Aquatic Photography.com" a Vbulletin forum simialer to BPN. You might want to check it out for ideas. I don't know if it would be any help, but it can't hurt to look. Dan Brown

Paul Davey
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for outlining this Fabs. I was beginning to wonder what benefits membership did have after seeing that the eZINE was available to both members and forum contributors, and unregistered guests. ;)

Paul

Doug West
04-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't non Members and Guests have to address paid members as
Mr./Mrs./etc.?

I thought I read that somewhere :)

Doug

Blake Shadle
04-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Mr./Mrs./etc.?

Doug

You're 100% correct... in an incorrect sort of way... :confused:

I lobbied for this pretty hard, but I couldn't get it through :D

Fabs Forns
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
One un-mentioned benefit:

Only BPN members can host the International Traveler known as BeePNogie :)

Grady Weed
04-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Well send Mr. Beep right on up here!

Van Hilliard
04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Mr./Mrs./etc.?

Doug

Or Your Majesty, Your Grace, Dr., Esq., etc.

I qualify for the "etc." category. The proper form of address is "Your et cetera". I believe Blake qualifies as well, which is probably why he lobbied so hard. An alternate and equally acceptable address is "Your expletive deleted".