PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Grey Kangaroo ( Macropus giganteus) male Tidbinbilla ACT Australia

Rod Warnock
03-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Eastern Grey Kangaroo ( Macropus giganteus) male Tidbinbilla ACT Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO1600 F6.3 1/1000 available light 27 February 2012 7.16am
This large male Eastern Grey Kangaroo was quitely grazing but kept pausing to survey the rest of the mob and in particular a couple of younger males fighting (submitted here yesterday). It was misting rain and I was taken by the setting, partly moist fur tips and also the powerful build of the fella.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Rachel Hollander
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Rod - nice action pose and it definitely conveys power. It looks a little over-sharpened to me. I wish the tail wasn't clipped to the left. I haven't seen these other than in a zoo or on tv/movies but I'm wondering if the yellows should be reduced. You would obviosuly know better.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Rod, I like the way you've composed this 'roo but I also would prefer the tail not to be clipped. I think their is a slight colour cast evident on the pale fur on the chest. I am enjoying your kangaroo images very much, much clearer views than I get in the bush around our property.

Robert Amoruso
03-03-2012, 04:07 PM
ROd,

I like the posture of him as it looks like he is getting ready to do something - imparts impending action. I agree with the over-sharpened clipped tail comments above.

Harshad Barve
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Agreed with comments above
TFS