PDA

View Full Version : Bufflehead

Alfredo Fernández
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Last week i got the chance to spend a couple of days with my friend Glenn Bartley in Victoria.
We where blessed with good weather and spend some awesome time shooting!
i used his equipment for this photo, it was kind of hard to find the subject with 700mm as im used to my 300mm F4.
Thanks Glenn for those awesome couple of days!

Canon 7D 700mm F7.1 1/1600 ISO400

Thanks a lot,

A

Ron Sprunger
03-01-2012, 02:25 AM
It's a very nice image, Alfredo. For my taste, I'd like to see a substantial crop from the bottom, maybe half the distance from bird to bottom border. The whites don't appear blown, but might be toned down a little to show more detail. Apart from the lovely bird, great detail, nice HA, I love the water around the bird. Very nice indeed!

gail bisson
03-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Ron has given you an excellent critique. You have been able to show the iridescence very well. You could easily fix the hot whites with the detail extractor in Color Efex pro 4. You can download a free 14 day trial. I just got it and have been busy repairing many hot white feathers in my eagle shots. Artie gives great tips on how to use it in his blog.
Gail

Robert Holguin
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Very nice shot. Real nice pose, you captured the colors on it's head very well, like the water color, and agree on the whites.
Very well done on what I find a hard duck to expose correctly.