PDA

View Full Version : Mother’s Love

Mark Fuge
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
A mother will always love her offspring, as proved here. :w3

This image was taken at Lion Country Safari, in West PalmBeach a few years ago. It shows Jazi, the newborn Rhino and her mom relaxing.One of my personal favorites of LCS days gone by.

Modification in CS4 and Fractalius included; Cloning outsome of the BG areas, Selective Colors, Fractalius and Accent Edges, as well as othernormal PS adjustments.

Enjoy!

Paul Lagasi
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
A beauty Mark, sweet composition and colors, a fitting theme image, I do wish the mothers ears weren't cut off but helps focus on the young rhino...well done

Cheryl Slechta
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Mark, this is so sweet. If that is a blade of grass in front of the baby's lip I think I'd remove it but I wasn't sure if it was or part of the baby:S3:

Maureen Allen
03-01-2012, 12:39 AM
I love the way that mama is watching over her baby. Very nice, Mark :S3:

Brendan Dozier
03-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Nice interaction capture, Mark, and like your presentation. Agree with Paul regarding the ear, but that is minor.

denise ippolito
03-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Mark, Nic eimage for the theme, I do agree with the others that the ear looks clipped not cropped. I can't see your text color with the theme I am using. i like the filtering you added . It is subtle and still shows so much detail.

Mark Fuge
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

The ear was cut off in the camera. I was going to get further away, but was restricted by the road system and the fact that I really didn't want to get out of the car and walk around until I got a proper crop! :eek3: :Whoa!: :e3 Momma was a little bigger then me! :w3

Don't know your settings Denise, but the text is white. I copied it in from a word processing program as I write the info as I work on it. I'll try a different color next time. :bg3:

Nancy Bell
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Who thought you could capture such loving expressions on a rhino?! Very sweet. I also cannot see your text.

Christopher Miller
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Very sweet image, Mark! I like the detail in the rhinos' hides. The left side of the image looks a bit tight to me. Too bad about the clipped ears on the momma, but it's still very nice.

Mark Fuge
03-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks Nancy & Christopher for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

One tip that might work to view the text, for those that can't. If you highlight it, it comes up in another color which might be more visible to you. Just a thought. I will try to make it better in the future.:e3

Andrew McLachlan
03-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Nice image and fract work Mark. I too wish the ear was not clipped, but it is still a lovely image of the mama and her baby.