PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Swan and Observer in the Last-Light

Jack Breakfast
02-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Greetings!
I took this on my last day with the Nikon before switching over...
Nikon D90, glorious Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro, iso200, 1/500 (?), f8.
Anyhow, I do hope you'll enjoy. Aside from the crop, I made a very slight levels tweak and that's all.
Warm and appreciative thanks for your consideration

Brendan Dozier
02-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Beautiful IF pose, soft light, and love the BG color, Jack. Might clone out duck in LRC and take a bit off top.

Jack Breakfast
02-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Brendan thanks kindly for the comments...as for me, I'm rather fond of the out-of-focus juvenile gull in the LRC (not a duck but a gull :bg3:) but I could see the logic to removing it as well...

Sidharth Kodikal
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Unique, unconventional, artistic.
I like it a lot. I would definitely keep the gull, but would crop from the top.

Jack Breakfast
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Sidharth, thank you kindly. I think you're quite right about cropping from the top.

Jonathan Ashton
02-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Jack I like this image very much indeed. I too would suggest a crop from the top, I would also add a tiny bit of canvas (or recrop if possible) to give a little bit of space under the gull - doesn't need to be much at all but I think this would make a significant difference.

Jack Breakfast
02-29-2012, 08:35 AM
As a matter of possible interest: the gull was sitting on a somewhat unphotogenic breakwater and so I framed the shot accordingly. Thank you for the suggestion, Jonathan. As of now I have no idea how to add canvas, and I fear that if I ever open that can of worms, there could be trouble, which is to say that I'd lose my mind to endless tinkering. That said, I see the value in employing such tricks so as to improve one's images, that's for sure...