PDA

View Full Version : First Post - Tiger Family Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve

kiran ghadge
02-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Hi All, This is my first post in Mammals Section.
Just back from wonderful trip to Tadoba Tiger Reserve. Saw total 6 Tigers, and 5 of them are here :)

Clicked it with
1d mark IV
500 F 4
F 6.3
1/250 Sec
ISO 1600
-0.7 steps Expo bias
Pattern Metering
Slightly cropped.

Wanted to stop down more but light was bad.

http://www.gkiran.com/bpn/tadoba12_2.jpg

Steve Kaluski
02-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Kiran, what an excellent image to open with in the Wildlife Forum, great to see so many Tigers in one location, I am envious of you. :S3:

Regarding the image there is a red cast to it which needs to be address, corrected whilst either still in the RAW file, or you could try in Colour balance. I would also adjust the Levels, using both the Left & Right sliders (move the sliders so they meet the horizontal bar, % numbers personal preference) and try to get the whites cleaner. You could also think about running some noise reduction on the BKG too. Obviously you were fighting for light based on the ISO, but why did you go to -2/3 comp?

Would have been better if you had the Tiger on the rock facing camera, the other two more visible, and the paw not over the walking Tiger on the right. As the tigers looked fairly settled and not worried with your presence, a move in position might have given you a better photographic angle.

Now this is not ideal as I am away and done remotely, but hope this might illustrate what I am suggesting.

Look forward to seeing more from your trip.

TFS
Steve

Sid Garige
02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Kiran,

Welcome to BPN. Killer image to start with.
It must be quite a site to see 5 tigers interacting with each other. Looking forward to seeing more of your image.

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Steve's repost added some nice snap to the look of the image.

kiran ghadge
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks Steve, that's huge improvement. looks great. Went -2/3 comp as scene was little dark. Will post more soon
Thanks Sid, Robert....

Steve Kaluski
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi Kiran, you have it all there, so if it's help in the direction you need to go, then great.

Steve

Harshad Barve
02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Big welcome to Wildlife Kiran and great image to start with
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
What a sight!! :eek3::Whoa!:
I would've had the jitters...:bg3:
Big welcome here, I too am looking forward to more images from your portfolio.

Steve's repost has sorted out the colour nicely. Are they sitting on a rock-signpost? Obviously it would have been ideal if that were natural...

Thanks Steve, that's huge improvement. looks great. Went -2/3 comp as scene was little dark. Will post more soon
Thanks Sid, Robert....

Your comment doens't make sense since you would want +2/3 if it's already a dark scene?? :e3