PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Rock at Sunset

Michael Pancier
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm here in the lobby of Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley with a storm approaching. No wifi or hi speed net in the rooms. i took this the other day while at Valley of Fire. I guess I forgot that the year is now 2008 instead of 2007 :-p

Camera: Canon EOS 5D
Canon 17-40L
Exposure: (1/50)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: -1 EV
Polarizer
full frame.l

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi Michael,

Beautiful location your at. I like the sky and your choice of scene. I would suggest that the composition could be stronger if you walked to the left and created the image from a bit lower vantage point. What I would have like to see would be the arch set against the far BG to give it more separation from the BG. Also the road would have been diminished. Seeing the road through the arch is distracting.

Fabs Forns
01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
So this is where you are!!!!

I can see why they name it the Elephant, wow, it really does look like one!

Agree on the road being visible. Sky is beautiful, and so is the light. More, please :)

Jason Hahn
01-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I really like the sweep of the clouds in the sky, and the depth of the scene. The bit of light on that distant range really adds a great 3 dimensional quality to the image. The forground seems a touch dark ro me, I would consider a little reprocessing when you get back. Have a great trip looking forward to more from there.

Jason

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Michael, great view of the elephant!!...I agree with Robert, a lower point of view would have help to give more room for clouds that are amazing....Best Regards!