PDA

View Full Version : Duckling

Brendan Dozier
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Duckling from last spring. Crop, ACR, CS5, touched up eye and some spots on feathers.

7D, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
1/200
ISO 800

Daniel Cadieux
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I like the crop you chose, and I also like the wet look the the chest feathers. Nice soft colouring to the background. Good profile and the bill looks great. The pupil outline looks a bit too strong at lower half and it is a bit elongated (oval) rather than round...I assume this is where you worked on the eye? I also find the duckling's body looks desaturated - you could add some saturation to it.

Brendan Dozier
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I like the crop you chose, and I also like the wet look the the chest feathers. Nice soft colouring to the background. Good profile and the bill looks great. The pupil outline looks a bit too strong at lower half and it is a bit elongated (oval) rather than round...I assume this is where you worked on the eye? I also find the duckling's body looks desaturated - you could add some saturation to it.

Thanks, Daniel. You are correct, sir. I tried to touch up some of the catch lights, and there is a dark reflection that merges with the pupil and makes it seem misshapen. Wasn't sure how to approach that, but didn't want catch light to be too smooth.
I see what you mean about body needing some saturation, I did a bit of color adjustments to remove some color casts.

Jeff Sorbie
02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Love the creamy background and sharpness. I also like the wet look.

jack williamson
02-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Nice portrait Brendan. Good detail, perfect beak, wonderful bg. Like the wet down.

Jack

Vivaldo Damilano
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Excellent Brendon, great wet look and low angle. I agree with adding saturation.

Bill Dix
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
I like the tight portrait of this little guy, and the wet feathers. Good comments from Daniel.

Robert Holguin
02-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Very nice portrait of this duckling. Excellent detail, love the wet breast area and lovely background.Very well done.